Our goal is to allow each child to become the best he or she can become by building self-esteem and increasing language skills and social awareness. Totem fosters a sense of “team”. Each team is encouraged to develop leadership and cooperation. Totem strives to provide inviting and stimulating activities to all children's abilities and learning styles. Totem offers a balance of activities that develops all areas of development. We accomplish this by offering 4 rotations of classrooms with specialists engaging our preschoolers in a variety of challenging and fun activities. Each classroom targets an area of development; language & social development, small motor growth through art, science & math and gross motor development through our PHYTNESS program in our gym.
What Makes Us Unique
Events that make Totem unique from other schools...
- Woodland Park Zoo's Outreach Program and Animal Encounter visits!
- Our preschoolers perform in a Christmas Program & Mother's Day Show!
- Totem organizes field trips to: Kirkland Performance Center to see live musical performances!
- Pumpkin carving & gym show-off day with a special adult!
- Totem has a science curriculum including; live animal presentations!
- Kelso’s Social Skill Program, Whole Body Learning and emotional intelligence activities are incorporated into our daily lessons. We coach our preschoolers in an organized play setting, while practicing social skills.
- Each of our prekindergarten students receives an evaluation assessing their development!
- PHYTNESS! Totem's Preschoolers are exposed to a full physical education program EVERY class.